We are looking for a
Location: London Reporting to: Head of Product
The Product Development team plays a pivotal role in delivering the overall consumer and customer digital experience underpinning the Rightmove business. We recognise that to deliver the best products and features for our customers and consumers we need to work together effectively as a healthy, high performing team. We work collaboratively across a mix of product and centralised teams, together working towards Rightmove’s strategy.
The Business Analyst role sits within the Product Team and is responsible for defining and driving forward the Product strategy that underpins our consumer and customer proposition. The role reports to the Head of Product and works closely with Product Owners, Engineering, Design, Architecture and Operations.
Analysis & Design
- Take an active role in the discovery of initiatives and products, working closely with Head of Product and/or Product Owners to fully understand the problem domain, identify impacts on existing areas and help to shape the potential solution
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources to highlight any impacts to systems or business processes and distinguishing user requests from underlying true needs and problems worth solving
- Identify process changes that may be required elsewhere within the business as a result of a new implementation, and is able to communicate changes to the affected business areas
- Work with engineers, designers and technical architects to understand technology limitations, user needs and development options
- Assist with requirements definition across your product/initiatives and bridging the technical-commercial divide by translating requirements into stories
- Support the development of business cases through clearly defining the cost and benefits of proposed solutions
- Understand and evaluate existing product performance versus external organisations or industry standards and incorporate this into your analysis
Planning & Delivery
- Support Product Owners in defining the scope of the project and ensuring scope meets the product vision
- Support teams to ensure that user stories are complete, clear, concise and comprehensible and all supporting documentation is linked, and dependencies specified
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an experienced analyst having previously worked on data-focused projects that integrate large amounts of information from different domains
- part of a development team, working directly with software developers and product owners, bridging the technical commercial divide by translating commercial requirements into agile stories and communicating relevant technical aspects to stake-holders
- Is familiar with different types of databases and other data-accessing interfaces such as SQL etc
- Can interpret and extract meaning from large and complicated datasets using tools such as Excel
- Understands agile methodology and how to apply the agile mind set to all aspects of their work.
- Builds a high level knowledge of our network infrastructure to ensure that proposed product solutions consider all required areas
- Be familiar with story-tracking and documentation tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Trello etc
- Can facilitate workshops and use techniques such as process modelling to interpret large amounts of technical data into clear and actionable information
- Generates unique ideas and experiments that support our business goals
Ultimately, we care much more about the person you are, how you think and approach things, than a list of qualifications and buzzwords on a CV. Even if you can’t say ‘yes’ to all of the above, and are self-motivated and enthusiastic about delivering great work then get in touch.