Agile Project Manager
The Product Development team plays a pivotal role in delivering the overall consumer and customer digital experience underpinning the Rightmove business. We recognise that to deliver the best products and features for our consumers and customers we need to work effectively as a healthy, high performing team. We work collaboratively across a mix of product and centralised teams, together working towards Rightmove’s strategy.
The Agile Project Manager works across the Platform and Technology Operations Teams and is responsible for ensuring we deliver initiatives and projects on time, to budget and with the intended value realised. They will work on multiple projects ensuring dependencies and risks are managed whilst providing plans and roadmaps to stakeholders.
The role will report to the Head of Technology Operations and will work closely with the Infrastructure Engineering Manager, Infrastructure Architect and DBA Manager to ensure delivery of the Platforms and TechOps roadmap at Rightmove.
Customer and Consumer focus
- Actively develop a deep understanding of Rightmove, our customers and consumers and how your role supports our goals.
- Ensure that the actions you take have our customers and consumers at heart; consider internal and external impacts and support our business goals.
- Pro-actively contribute to initiatives that aim to improve our customer or consumer experience, both identifying your own contribution and supporting others in theirs.
Planning, Delivery & Continuous Improvement
- Use agile methodologies (primarily Scrum) to enable the organisation and execution of work across multiple teams. This would involve leading ceremonies like planning, refinement, sprint reviews, retrospectives, stakeholder engagement meetings.
- Forge strong relationships with our internal customers (product development teams, product owners, engineering managers, CX) ensuring product and platform/techops initiatives and plans are prioritised and delivered in a cohesive and frictionless manner, in line with business priorities.
- Work with the engineers, TechOps mgmt team and stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the OKRs and the technology platform roadmap
- Ensure every project/initiative is well defined, scoped, managed, reported and delivered within agreed timeframes
- Work with engineers to breakdown projects/epics/milestones into deliverable chunks of work (stories) in line with sprint cycle
- Work with engineers to assign chunks of work and manage it through the sprint, ensuring planned and unplanned work is prioritised correctly and carried out to agreed timeframes, ensure retro's are completed
- Communicate updates and delivery plans to stakeholders, immediately escalate major risks, issues or blockers
- Ensure high risk/high impact changes are planned and managed in accordance with process and communicated as such
- Lead organisational wide activities like quarterly planning and capacity planning
- Where needed spend time one to one with each of the Development Teams to help prioritise their requests.
- Take part in the procurement process for technology assets (raising POs).
- Continuously review our processes and ways of working to identify and implement further improvements.
- Share and learn best practices/failures with/from other teams
- Extensive experience managing product delivery and/or platform/infrastructure project delivery using agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) for a technology company
- Has experience and understanding of scaled agile methodologies and understands how to they can be implemented effectively
- Has expertise in various collaboration tools e.g. Jira, Confluence, Slack, Miro etc.
- Experience building and sharing roadmaps and managing stakeholder communications
Working with others
- Encourages contributions from everyone and shows an interest in what others have to say
- Builds long-term relationships with colleagues based on mutual trust and respect
- Takes ownership for their actions and the effect they have on our business and colleagues
- Deals openly and honestly with others
- Supports a culture of accountability & transparency
- Completely trusted to keep confidences
- Admits and learns from their mistakes
- Demonstrates consistency between messaging and actions
- Communicates confidently, clearly and concisely to a range of audiences
- Chooses methods of communication that are appropriate to the situation and the audience
- Encourages two-way conversation through active listening and questioning
- Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
Planning & Organising
- Sets and measures clear, realistic and timely goals
- Shares plans with key stakeholders, and involves them in shaping plans
- Communicates clear and focused objectives to the team
- Anticipates and removes potential obstacles
- Regularly evaluates results and celebrates successes
- Anticipates and adjusts for problems or challenges that may occur
- Follows through on commitments and can be trusted to get things done
Ultimately, we care much more about the person you are, how you think and approach things, than a list of qualifications and buzzwords on a CV. Even if you can’t say ‘yes’ to all of the above, but are self-motivated and passionate then please get in touch.